Saturday, May 24, 2008

S.A.T.U.R.D.A.Y. Night!

And a very relaxing Saturday it was.....

Scott returned from Thailand very late last night. It was not until 1:30am that he and I finally caught up on all the craziness we have both experienced during the week and went to sleep. At 7am, my alarm goes off - announcing it is time to get ready for baseball games. (I cannot even begin to tell you how happy I am that this was Andrew's last game). It was bitter sweet to see Andrew up to the tee on his final go-round. However, I am quite sure the only reason he played this season was to get a trophy. After Andrew's game, he and Scott headed off to their end of the season party. I had to stay behind to watch Jacob's game. By the time both games were done, I had lost about three pounds in sweat. 

Right when Jacob's game ended, I called Scott to pick us up. We then had to race home to change  into beach wear for Scott's work party. We loaded up the beach bags, threw on the swim suits, and drove down to Sentosa island. I had decided to just wear a bathing suit with a skirt because I was so hot from the morning's games.

We arrive at the beach to find (and this is not an exaggeration) about 500 people at the "work" party....except Scott cannot see one person he knows. Even better, I am the one single woman wearing a bathing suit. Everyone else is in blouses and shorts...and for those who are Muslim, they have on full head gear and long sleeves. Needless to say, I felt like the retarded expat who does not know how to dress appropriately for the beach party. By this point I was furious at myself for not thinking to at least pack a t-shirt.

We settle down on the beach and soon realized we had a beach nazi life guard as our neighbor. This guy would blow his whistle about every five minutes, and then make some announcement on his megaphone which was impossible to understand because there were speakers lining the beach blasting 80's techno.  Even our little family got a shout out on the megaphone while we were swimming in the ocean. Again, due to the lack of comprehension on our part, we decided to ignore him.    

By the time we got home, Scott and I were thoroughly wiped out. I took a shower, put on  rerun of Tom and Jerry, then crashed for about 2 hours. 

My diet for today: 6 (very large) chocolate chip cookies for breakfast, two pieces of chocolate cake for lunch, cold pizza as my healthy afternoon snack, 3 dates, another slice of cold pizza, left over spaghetti, and one final slice of cake. Why did I just write this? To publicly flog myself for being so unhealthy. I really hope Scott doesn't read this.

Since I am at it...Scott's diet for today: 1 bowl of Special K, no lunch, three cups of yogurt, and four pieces of cheese (that was his dinner). He did cave about an hour ago and had cake with his ravenous wife. 



Here are some pictures of our token sand creations. Jacob requested we turn him into Ironman, while Andrew wanted to be a snake. Could they be any more different?


1 comment:

Eva and Joey said...

Okay, I feel so so sad for that poor polar bear...seriously, I think you should send that to PETA! The beach party sounds hilarious! I'm sure you looked hot and everyone thought you were the loose goose at the party!hehe I'm so glad that atleast you and I eat alike, yesterday for lunch I had three krispy kreme doughnuts, they were delicious! And I went to dinner at Chili's with a friend last night and for every chip she ate I had eaten atleast ten!!! I started noticing during our meal how slowly she ate...the girl is a rail and I think this contributes! Well I love you!!