Life continues to be very enjoyable. The boys and I went to look for apartments yesterday. We found a couple of nice places, but are still keeping or eyes open. Scott and I are leaning towards living in an area known as Bukit Timah. It's basically located in between Scott's work and the boy's school (both which are conveniently located on opposite ends of the island).
Newest food tried: fish balls. Jacob and I decided to try one of the small food stands located in the mall (Andrew is still holding fast to his hot dog diet). Since he is a huge fan of fish, Jacob chose the "fish ball". It was a about the size of a golf ball, deep fried, and skewered on a stick. I personally don't know of any fish that yields that thickness of meat (then again, I am only familiar with the basic salmon, tuna, trout thing). As I bit into my "fish ball" I was met with rubbery resistance.....I am guessing my "fish ball" was more likely a "squid ball". Jacob thought it was great, and happily downed his. Andrew asked if he could have some gold fish.
1 comment:
We are so glad to hear you made it safely! Sounds like you guys are off to a great start and having a lot of fun. When does school start? Say hi to the boys for us!
Christa
Post a Comment