I know that I need to pull off the Christmas music, but have not had time.
Andrew had another classic "Andrew moment" this week. Earlier this week, Scott was teaching the boys about construction and the concept of a level. He showed them how the bubble will sit in-between the two lines when the project is straight. He then went on to use the experience to teach the boys how it is more important to take your time and do the job right - rather than rush and have it be sloppy/crooked.
Andrew thought the whole level concept was fascinating. He ran all over the house checking walls and furniture, announcing whether they were straight or crooked. He eventually made his way into the kitchen where I was making dinner.
"Mom, can I see if you are straight?"
He approaches me with the level and placed it on my hip. After taking the read of the bubble placement he exclaimed, "Ooops! God rushed you!!!" (Sadly, that is not the first time I have had someone say that to me).
Jacob is currently on a mission to get the entire cast of all the Star Wars movies to attend his next birthday party. He is particularly adamant that he and the kid who played Anakin in the first episode would be great friends (since they are the same age). I explained to Jacob that Episode I was made before he was even born, so that Anakin is all grown-up now. In order to validate my case, I googled the actor online. Turns out he is twenty. BUT what Jacob noticed immediately was that the actor's name is Jake. Well, that just sealed the deal for Jacob; they have the same name, so surely they would be the best of friends. Jacob spent this entire weekend composing letters to Jake - asking him to come to his party and giving him directions on how to get to our house. This will be the year where Jacob learns about disappointment. (I promise that we have warned him that Jake most likely will not be able to make it).
Lastly, Jacob got a hold of the camera a couple of days ago. Here is the world through Jacob's eyes (I have taken the liberty of giving them titles):
Self Portrait
Study of Light and Shadow on Storm Trooper Belt
Dog
Oh, and One More Self Portrait
2 comments:
Catherine,
Obviously Jacob and Andrew have many of your genes. Jacob's invitations remind me when you invited Conan O'Brien to the prom, and Andrew's inquisitive and humorous nature remind me of your many funny comments when you were his age. Jacob's pictures are really quite impressive and creative. The title's are great!!
I love you and miss you soooo much.
All my love,
Mom
Your kids are a crack up! By the way God did not rush you...Jared and I often comment on how great you and Scott are! BTW, we were watching a show on the 20 top beaches and they highlighted Ko Pei Pei (sp?) and I was watching and thinking the scenery was amazingly familiar to me. So I ran to your blog, and sure enough...you had been there. And yes I am jealous...I could use a good beach right now!
Post a Comment