Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Here is a quick recap of our big day.
Christmas Eve was spent singing Christmas carols (painfully off-key), reading Christmas stories, and making a welcome plate for Santa and his reindeer. Those carrots had been in the fridge longer than I care to admit and the reindeer had a hard time even producing the "crumbs" to leave on the plate.
Christmas morning began with the kids raiding their stockings. Please notice how excited Andrew is about his tube of Mentos (I promise there were other things in there as well).

The kids loved their pictures of Hunter. However, we did have to have a moment of silence because it made us miss her that much more. They are both on display in our family room. Periodically I will catch one of the boys walking around with their picture, staring at it longingly.

Yummm. Christmas dinner. Scott really wanted to capture our meal on film. Andrew hates turkey...which is evident in both his expression and the amount of the meat left on his plate. Jacob chowed down like there was no tomorrow.

This was the highlight gift for the boys. Santa caved and bought them a Wii. (We are still wondering if this was a good idea since we have not seen them since setting it up).


This picture was taken two days later. Both boys jump all over the place when they are playing. Scott liked this picture because he caught Jacob in mid-air. Too bad we don't have video because Andrew hops around like a little bunny.

This next photo is the reason I posted today. However, before looking at the picture I need to give you a bit of history.
I don't know if I have ever mentioned this on the blog, but last April, I picked up Andrew from the bus one afternoon and he was completely asleep. I picked him up in my arms and began to carry him home. He suddenly raised his head and said, "I want a sister next Christmas, " and then went promptly back to sleep.
I was hoping that is was some fluke, talking in his sleep phenomenon...but noooooooo! At least once a month, Andrew would bring up this "sister for Christmas" thing. It faded a bit during the summer months and I thought I was off the hook (plus I was out of time to produce the desired result). However, a couple of months ago he started up with his unique request again.
As you know, he did not get a sister for Christmas. Luckily he did not say anything about it after opening his presents and I put the whole thing out of my mind.
Well, today we were sitting in sacrament meeting and Andrew started to draw a picture of a "snowman". See below:
I asked Andrew, "What is that on the bottom of the snowman?"
Andrew: "A baby in her belly!"
(Close-up of the snow fetus):
After coloring the snow woman(?) he asked me how to write "please". On the picture you can see he wrote, "Mom and please help me." (I think he may have meant to write "mom and dad").
What I am trying to figure out.....is the fetus the one who is supposed to be asking for help?....or is Andrew asking for help with getting the baby sister? Either way, I am totally lost for words.
11 comments:
Dearest Catherine,
Merry, Merry Christmas from Utah with the Michael and Andrea Barry family. We miss you soooooooo much and wish you were here with us!! We are leaving in a few minutes to see the lights at Temple Square. This brings back happy memories of going there with you and your family to see the Nativity scene and the Christus statue--with Jacob leading the way.
Andrew's snowman is "the best" and it is obvious he has a message for you and Scott. The drawing is adorable, just like both of your boys.
Merry, Merry Christmas. We wish you were here with us.
We love you!! We love you!! We love you!!
All my love, Mom
Dear Catherine,
The previous message was from me, and I am wondering if the other name was perhaps a girl's name that Andrew was thinking about for the sister he wants. I am not sure what happened, but I will try again.
We love you!! We love you!! We love you!!
All my love, Mom/Matrina Barry
Looks like a great Christmas!! Good luck with the baby snowman request! Hope you guys have had a wonderful holiday!
SNOW FETUS IS THE FUNNIEST THING EVER!!!!!! I WAS TOTALLY CRACKING UP!!! LOVE IT ZORD!
Hooray for the snowbaby! Andrew is definitely in tune with the Spirit. Since she is a snowbaby, I wonder if that means she will make her first appearance when you are out here (Utah) for Christmas 2009.
No pressure but . . . Aspen is now in heat so Hunter may be getting some additional brothers and sisters soon.
Who is this "Kayla" who is obviously trying to pretend that she is your mother?!!
WOW!! the snowman fetus was fabulous!! Just shows your child(ren) genius(es) in action once again.
I must say your writing, pix and music are all very enjoyable.
Was unaware of how to respond to the blog until Mike just showed me how. So here I am.
Lots of love, Dad
Who is this Kayla still masquerading as the truly Eternal Mom?
Love, Dad
Seriously one of the best! Thanks for sharing... Me? I always get a little paranoid when my kids do that.. do they know something I dont' know?! lol
Seriously? This is too much! You must laminate this thing and save it forever!
So what is this big news I keep hearing about??
Post a Comment