Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hillbilly Boys

We have officially become a family of hillbillies!  Jacob lost his other front tooth and the other has yet to grow in - so he is sporting some flashy gums. As for the other child, Andrew was accidentally struck (by his elder brother) with one of those sticks you throw in the water, and is now dealing with a fat upper lip. I have come to realize that whenever he is scheduled for any type of photo engagement, Andrew will undoubtedly get an injury on his face.  Generally it is a huge scrape on his forehead - so this time we mixed it up a bit with the fat lip. The injury occurred yesterday, and his team pictures for T-ball were this morning. Luckily the swelling was not as bad as we had expected, and I think he will look alright.

Totally cute moment this week. For those of you who have children, I am sure you have seen High School Musical 2. Anyway,  I was downstairs when I suddenly hear Andrew's voice ringing throughout the house singing, "Gotta Go my Own Way". It was hysterical hearing this little voice singing, "I've got to move on and be who I am. I just don't belong here. I hope you understand....." (For those of you who don't know the movie, that song is sung by a girl to her boyfriend).

Alert! I saw the biggest fashion faux pas of the year today. I was at the Club making copies and had to cut through the pool area. A lady (probably in her mid-forties) stepped in front of me and I immediately noticed that she had on a very odd top. After further investigation, I realized she had on a tank top that was tucked (hopefully accidentally) into her thong which was hanging out of the top of her jeans. How ugly and tacky! I would have said something to her, but she seemed to think she was pretty hot and I didn't want to interfere with her image of herself.  

Scott returned from Australia yesterday afternoon. Yippe! We were very excited to finally have him home (although he does leave for Thailand tomorrow). We have been trying to take it easy this weekend and spend time as a family. Tonight's activity: a stimulating game of Candyland followed by a late night viewing of "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" (the 70's version) with overly buttered popcorn. Basically a perfect evening!

No comments: