Monday, October 20, 2008

I think something is in the water

I do not know if it was Scott's absence. I do not know if it was the endless playdates. It may have been all the things I was trying to get done during the week. It may have been a lack of sleep. All I do know, is that part of my brain was totally non-functional this week. Starting with my inexcusably late arrival to my parent teacher conference on Tuesday, I have done at least one completely bizarre thing every day. Needless to say, I had a very long, stressful week...filled with completely moronic actions on my part. Here is my list of "flake-outs".

(1) A friend of mine, whose son has egg allergies, asked me for my recipe for pumpkin cookies since it is egg free. I happily wrote down the recipe which I had just made hours before. Later that night she gave me a call because she was trying to make the cookies for her son's birthday snack for his class the next day. I had her read the recipe I wrote, while double checking it with my copy. 

I completely left out the flour! I have no idea how she even got the mixture onto the pans! It must have been like soup.

(2) I confused my kitchen cleaner for my bottle of Shout. Yea....doesn't work so well on whites.

(3) Friday afternoon I was in a hurry to get out the door for an appointment. I dashed outside and went to put on my shoes....but no shoes! Where the heck were my stupid flip-flops!? I could not find them anywhere, so I grabbed some old ones and took off. About five minutes later I realized that my flip-flops were all nice and snug in a cubby at the gym. I had left them at the gym earlier in the day. Boo. The trip to retrieve my forgotten flip-flops probably cost more in gas than my shoes. (But they are my favorites!)

Those were my three majors. I do not want to bore you with all the minors because as I wrote the majors I realized how boring they were. I write them only as affirmations of my oncoming insanity.

My week was wrapped up beautifully on Saturday night. The boys were in bed, and Scott and I were watching TV. Around 11:30pm, I simultaneously heard dripping water and a noise in the boys' room. I turned around to see Andrew standing at the top of the stairs (behind the landing) watching us with a completely glazed look in his eye. I asked if we woke him up and he continued to stare with said look in his eye. I then heard the dripping water again. I started to make my way up the stairs and asked Andrew if he needed to use the bathroom. When I reached the top I discovered that Andrew thought he was in the bathroom. He had pulled down his PJs and just peed on the wall....like it was a urinal. So nice. 

He had no clue what was going on until we turned on the lights to clean up his little puddle of joy. He felt really bad. But still...it was a poetic ending to a completely insane week. Thank you, Andrew!




3 comments:

Jenna said...

oh my gosh! haha that post is hilarious! i hope my kids dont pee on my walls! i hope this week goes better for you!

and by the way i am jealous of your insanely fun trip to cambodia! your pictures look great!i want to go there now! i just hope we can find a ATM in the jungle!

Christa said...

Now, that just made my day!! I love the pee story. Classic. I am glad to hear someone else does moronic things too!!

david johnson said...

totally hilarious story about andrew and the wall. I read it to the kids and they were laughing so hard!

I love you and miss you so much!

love, trisha