Saturday, October 4, 2008

Ladies Men

I keep putting off posting because no major one thing has happen recently...just a number of random events in the life of the Barlows. I guess I should just go down the line of family members. That would probably make the most sense for you the reader, rather than me just pouring out my thoughts. 

Andrew is....well....still Andrew. He went through a Lionel Richtie phase for couple of days were he wore sunglasses all the time. Seriously, he wore them to bed and as he ate breakfast in the dark at 6am morning (I had to take a picture because it was so weird/funny). Andrew has also fallen in love with a little girl in his class. She is basically a female version of Andrew: red curly hair and brown eyes. They are hoping to get together and form an uber-human race that consists of brown-eyed red-heads. (Actually, that is a dream of mine). She is a darling little girl. They are very cute together (they will be that couple people think are brother and sister).

Andrew also announced in the car yesterday that he peed at Jacob's soccer game. Not a big deal...except for the fact that there are no bathrooms nearby! I asked Andrew where he went and he said, 'The grass." I don't know if it is a blessing or a curse that I had no idea what he was doing during the game. Knowing the laws are in Singapore, I am surprised he was not arrested for indecent public exposure.

Jacob was the "Star of the Week" as school last week. He did all the usual stuff: brought in a poster about himself, shared his favorite book, told his class interesting things about himself, etc. The one thing that was different, was at the end of the week. The teacher had all the students write the "Star" a note - which he then compiled into a book for Jacob  to take home. So Friday rolls around and Jacob returns home with his book. I found the book hysterical for a number of reasons; mainly because of the silly things that kids write when they are in 2nd grade, and because of the extreme interest in Jacob's love life. Here are a few snippets of my favorite entires:

girl (very first entry): Do you have a girlfriend? If you do tell me her name?

girl (very next entry): Jacob you can go to my house or your's . My phone number is xxxx-xxxx

boy (the third entry): Your are hilarious and hair raising. (He goes on and on). You are very romantic. Just kidding.  
Your friend, Bronson
p.s. Do you have a girl friend?

girl: You are so fun to play with and you are so cool, funny, cute, and nice. 

....I am guessing you are getting the theme here..... a little scary when my boy is in 2nd grade.

Okay, now here are some that just made me giggle:

boy: You are an interesting person. You imagine a lot of stuff.

girl: You are a star because you like chocolate and I do too but no so much because it gives you cavities. (She then spent a little time talking about our dog Hunter and how much she likes dogs). I show I care by looking after animals. You show you care by helping your brother. There is always a way to help and show you care. 

boy: Would you like to come over on Mon or Fri? If it is Friday not today. Please send an email to me at xxxxxx@att.net Oh, what time do you want the playdate? If you have a sleep over we have to talk our moms into it. 

I thought the book was such a great idea. It supplied a lot of laughs in our household.


Nothing extremely exciting  is going on in my life. However, I feel like I never have enough time to get everything done. My current (unattainable) goal is to get the boys' bathroom to not reek for a full 24 hours. Thus far, that success has eluded me. 

Friday was probably the craziest day this week. It was U.N. Day at the school. Each child was to come to school clothed in "traditional dress" from their native country. Hmmm.... USA... traditional dress? The best I could come up with was sending Jacob as a football player and Andrew as a baseball player. Since we did not have a football uniform on hand, I spent Thursday night sewing rolled up towels into one of Jacob's Dallas Cowboys shirts. However, it did not occur to me that he still had a very heavy backpack to get to school the next day. 

Scott has not been hit on this week. Actually, he won't tell me about any more of his encounters after my last stunt with the blog.  But not to worry, I will always find a way to humiliate my hubba hubba hubby!

Which reminds me....

On Saturday afternoon, Scott mentioned that he needed to go to his office to pick up some boxes because they are moving all the employees to another building while their offices are renovated. Here is the picture: I had not taken a shower since the night before, I had spent 2 hours outside watching a soccer game while sweating like a pig, and then had run the boys back and forth to a birthday party. Needless to say, I was not looking (or smelling) my best. I agreed to go with Scott downtown. Scott had taken a shower and was wearing a nice shirt and some jeans, so I threw on a skirt and blouse while asking him, "Are we going to be seeing anyone?" Scott said no one should be there, but since he worked there he should look nice. 

We got up to the 24th floor, turned on the lights,  and walked in the area where Scott's cubicle is located. A few seconds after we got to his cubicle, Scott said, "Is Bill here?" and then walked around the corner. (Bill is a new senior manager at the Chevron offices in Singapore. He just moved here from Miami). I then heard Scott say, "Oh! Hey Bill! Let me introduce you to my family." NO! No, no, no, no, no! 

I am certain the new manager was oh so impressed with Scott's hag of a wife. I seriously looked liked some sort of mal-treated maid. I should have had on a moo-moo and a bandana to complete the picture. I also didn't realize (until I saw my reflection in the elevator afterwards) that my hair looked as if a rat had been trapped in it and had decided to make a home rather than leave. I still don't know if I have forgiven Scott for this humiliation. Scott was all washed and groomed, and I looked like he had just picked me up off the street. I am sure his manager was wondering where (and how) on earth Scott found me.

I would say that calls us even on the embarrassment factor. Alright...here are the pics for the week.



Andrew with his woman, Lindsey. Aren't they so cute!

"Traditional American Dress"


Jacob working the ball at his last game. He scored the team's only goal this past Saturday. And, (this is exciting) I think some of his teammates have been taken off their medication. Yipee!


Singapore hosted the first ever Formula 1 night race. The boys thought the decor around downtown was cool. 

1 comment:

david johnson said...

you are so funny zord! I love your stories. But I know that even though you claim you look bad...I bet you looked totally hot!

p.s. I love the pic of andrew and his girl! so cute!

I love/miss you so much!