Alright, so no major stories. I am somewhat surprised at how routine life can be at times. However, I am totally okay with routine! Routine can be, and is, a very good thing.
A few weeks ago, our church held General Conference. Since live satellite feeds are not allowed into Singapore, we had to wait a week to see Conference. We were able to connect our computer to our TV and watch just as if we were in the U.S. (Hooray to not having to go to the chapel). We decided to have a "Conference Marathon" and watch all four sessions straight. I have to say, the talks were incredible and it was an extremely uplifting experience.
Our only problem, however, was getting the boys to focus on the speakers. (Yes, I know about the conference packets, but we forgot to print them off). Well, in order to get them to focus, I asked the boys to draw pictures of each speaker while they were talking. Unfortunately we have lost a few most the portraits over the past few weeks, but I came across these tonight while I was straightening up the house. (Sorry to say, but Andrew gets the rude award on his portraits).
Sister Thompson, by Andrew
(I guess it kind of looks like a female)
And the most "detailed" award goes to ..........
Elder Andersen, by Andrew
I was proud of the boys for doing their best to focus on Conference...and I absolutely love the visual delights that came out of their attempts. However, by Hour 7 of our marathon, this was what the boys were up to.......
Jacob organizing his newest Match Attax cards that he had gotten from the Easter Bunny that morning. (This was a huge priority seeing as he needed to be ready to trade come Monday morning).
Andrew passed out while leaning against Scott's leg. He was gone for the next hour.
2 comments:
I LOVE THESE BABIES!!!!! I MISS THEM SOOOOOOO MUCH! I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE THEM SO SOON!
thanks for showing us their drawings and photos...it always puts a smile on my face! I love you tons zord!!!!!
xoxoxoxo. trisha
CATHERINE,
YOU HAVE PICASSO/REMBRANDT ARTISTS WITH THESE GREAT PICTURES BY JACOB AND ANDREW--I LOVE THE PICTURES AND I LOVE THESE ADORABLE BOYS!! I MISS ALL OF YOU SO MUCH AND THINK OF MY TRIP TO SINGAPORE ALL THE TIME.
I AM COUNTING THE DAYS TO SEE YOU IN FLORIDA!!
ALL MY LOVE, MOM
Post a Comment