No, I have not fallen off the face of the earth. The past few weeks have been spent in preparation for a very big event. JACOB'S BAPTISM!!! We were very blessed to have both Scott and my parents here for the special day. (And we were further blessed to have both mothers supply us with some contra-band from the U.S.)
Scott's parents were the first to come. While they were here, they and Scott made a quick trip to Hanoi. Unfortunately, we were all under the impression that the weather in Vietnam was similar to that of Singapore. The first day they arrived, it was extremely cold; not ideal weather for one who only has shorts and flip-flops. Scott's favorite part of the trip was when he ordered what he though was a hamburger, only to discover the meat in it was once able to bark rather than moo.
A few days after the David, Jan, and Scott returned from Vietnam, my parents came into town. The boys and I went on a trip with the two of them to Cambodia this past week, but I will save those details for my next blog entry.
Saturday, March 21st, was the day Jacob got baptized. My friend, Lynette, was kind enough to take some pictures of Jacob to have on display at the baptism. Here were the final two we decided to frame for the entrance table.
Jacob thought that only his immediate family would be attending the baptism. Needless to say, he was both surprised and excited to see that so many friends made the effort to come.
As a mother, I have to say it was incredible and surreal to see my son get baptized. I was and am so incredibly proud of him. The spirit was very strong during the service and a few tears were shed. My favorite part was when Jacob came out of the water and gave a "thumbs up". The gesture was to no one in particular, but was more of a expression of happiness of what he had accomplished. After the baptism, Jacob told me a few times how great he felt and that he, "hoped this feeling would last forever."


7 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS TO JACOB CHRISTOPHER BARLOW on your baptism!!!! WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!
we loved the pictures that lynette took of Jacob. They are so cute! He is all grown up!
I miss you guys...and love you tons!
Glad to know you didn't fall off the face of the earth! Congrats to Jacob...I can't believe he is 8! Glad to know you guys are doing well!
Congratulations! Such a special day! You look so handsome. We love you!
The boys say hi!
Catherine and Scott,
It was a wonderful day being with Jacob, Andrew, and you for his baptism!! Jacob is a perfect example of "following the Savior" and teaching me by example about the blessings of keeping the commandments. He looked absolutely radiant and has a spirituality I always admire. Jacob is "THE BEST!!"
I love you!! I love you!! I love you!! I miss all of you sooooooooo much!! It was fantastic, fun, and happy times being with all of you. It was the best!!
All my love,
Mom/Matrina/Mommy Baba
Congrats! Such a cute kid! And also super awesome both sets of g-parents came. I might link our parents to your blog when it's time for Madeleiene's baptism as proof that you can fly over a major ocean for your grandkid's baptism!
Congratulations Jacob! Can't wait to hear about the trip to Cambodia!
Post a Comment