Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I see Paris, I see France....

Yesterday morning, as I was driving Scott to work, we had a very interesting conversation about our personalities. Scott pointed out that I sometimes am a little too generous with the information I share with others. He told me that sometimes it is wise to keep personal information, well, personal. In response, I told Scott that he keeps things too close to the chest. He agreed that he likes to keep his stories to himself. As you all know, public humiliation does not bother me in the least, while Scott will be a bit more cautious.

With that being said, I met with Jacob's teacher this afternoon. I am the room parent, so we had to go over the particulars of all the parties and events for the year. After the meeting, we talked for a bit about Jacob and how the year is going. During the coarse of the conversation, Mr. Yowell asked if we had a helper. When I told him we did not, he immediately exclaimed, "That's right! I asked Jacob if you had a helper and Jacob said, 'No. We don't because my dad likes to walk around the house in his underwear'." Needless to say, the teacher found this reason for not having live-in-help extremely entertaining.

I love the fact that it was Scott who this happened to :) So much for Scott keeping things personal! And no, Scott does not roam around in his underwear all day. He once told a friend that he did not want to have a helper because sometimes he needs to run upstairs to get something in the middle of the night and doesn't want to have to worry about someone seeing him in his underwear. That statement was obviously overheard by our astute seven year old who found this to be the perfect explanation as to why we do not want a helper.

Too bad I don't have a picture to go along with this post. I guess you will have to make your own mental image!

3 comments:

Matrina Barry said...

Catherine,

I love the comments your boys make and the information Jacob gave his teacher about Scott and his underwear. I do see your outgoing personality in Jacob and Andrew, and it makes me smile to think of all the comments you've given in front of me!! Both boys definitely have your happy spirit!!

Love, Mom

david johnson said...

so hilarious zord!!!! I love this post...as well as the title! How fitting!

love/miss you tons!

love, trisha

p.s. did you like the pics I sent?

Matrina Barry said...

Catherine,

Your "dying to play with Jacob" story reminds me of a mom who did the same thing to me--only she went to play golf for 4 hours while I watched her active girl. When she returned, I told her I was not her babysitter--that took care of future requests.

Congrats on Jacob making another goal for his team. Wow, he is amazing!!

I am happy you are meeting Russian people, but I hope the next ones will be sober. Remember, spaciba means "thank you" and "dosvidynya" means "good night.'

I love you and miss you so much!!

All my love, Mom/Matrina(Russian name)