Monday, September 7, 2009

No More Space

Yes, school has started and I am sure there are some very cute pictures of my children stranded on my camera. Problem: my computer claims that its hard drive is out of space. Needless to say, I am trying to remedy the situation....but it is much more time consuming and confusing than I had planned. 

We are into the third week of school and the boys are settling nicely. They both have wonderful teachers and I think this will be a great year. 

The pregnancy is moving along nicely...except for the subtle up and down looks I continue to receive from acquaintances who do not know me that well. Example: I was at the gym last week and ran into one of trainers whose class I used to attend last year. She was being extremely friendly and I could tell she was giving my the one-over. I finally said, "Just so you know, I am not fat....I am pregnant." In her very cute Singaporean accent she replied, "Oh good! I was thinking, 'Wow! How much American barbecue did she eat this summer'!?" 

Which reminds me of the horrible experience I had with my endocrinologist upon my return to Singapore. I went in for my monthly check-up (yes, that is over kill) and as usual she had to comment on my weight. However, this time she full on exploded. No kidding, she used the term "extreme weight gain" seven times within two minutes. She kept asking if I had diabetes, if my children have diabetes, if the baby was grotesquely large (okay, she didn't say 'grotesquely'). She then frantically took my blood pressure and said, "I am amazed your blood pressure is so low for some with your extreme weight gain." It was one of the most bizarre, uncomfortable experiences of my life. The best/worst part is that I have not gained near as much weight as I did by this time with Jacob and Andrew. I honestly was torn between punching her in the face and bursting into tears. I should have said, "Weight gain!?!?! You want to see weight gain woman?!?!?!?" and then shoved a quarter pounder with cheese into my mouth. I am temped to throw on an extra 20 pounds just to freak her out at my next appointment. I am currently looking for a new doctor so I can tell this lady to take a hike!

That's all for now. This fetus makes me tired and my brain can't remember everything like it used to. 

5 comments:

Jenna said...

hehe clark would love that you threw that quarter p under with cheese in there!!

Annette said...

Catherine.. I seriously love you. thank you for the laugh.. I really really needed it!

Eva and Joey said...

I love that story and don't think I can hear it enough times! I just died laughing again! hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Catherine, you are too funny! That is so crazy! I think you should show up with a tub of ice cream and a happy meal at the next appointment. =]

Matrina Barry said...

Catherine, Just remember when I was pregnant that I would ask the nurse to subtract pounds for my wedding ring, earrings, hairspray, and watch--and she did!!
You always make me laugh and I love reading your comments.
All my love, Mom