Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I'm Feeling a Little Off

Well, we made it safely from Singapore to the US. The 18 hour journey wasn't that bad....but with only three hours of sleep I was too out of it to know if it was bad.

I will be giving the short rundown of the past few days because it is currently 2:30am and I am sitting at a Starbucks kiosk inside a Safeway in order to access the internet. (My in-laws have opted against inviting the online world into their home).

I got in Saturday afternoon and was excited to have my friend Kelly pick me up at the airport. The first order of business when walking into the house was to wash the "long trip/airplane/body smell" we had attached to our persons. The boys and I then went to the Dalton's for a barbecue with some old friends. It was so great to see everyone.

The next day my sister flew in to Oakland to surprise me. SURPRISE! It has been such a blast to have her hear. The best part about her visit is her amazing ability to run into men while she is "indisposed". Alright, I guess I need to explain that one before I go....

The only bathroom in operation at the Barlow's is the master bath (they are just about done remodeling the guest bathroom). Anyway, Monday afternoon, Trish went to take a shower while I was outside with the boys at the pool. Trish was a bit concerned about someone walking into the bathroom, but I promised her no one was coming in the house. A bout fifteen minutes after she had gone in to bath, I went inside to get something. At that moment I saw a man come down from the upstairs and calmly walk out the front door. (That's wierd!) I went back out to get the boys, and when I came back to the house I heard laughing and men's voices...upstairs!....where my sister was bathing!

Turns out some men had come to deliver the mirror upstairs. Just as the man was emerging from the guest bathroom, Trish appeared (like a vision) in a towel in the hallway. The man told her, "Shouldn't we get to know each other better first." Trish then bolted into her room. Seconds later the man came back in with another worker and said, "Be careful. There are women running around her in the nude."

Today I swore to Trisha that I would make sure I would prevent anyone from going upstairs...or I would warn her if anyone was in the house. Minutes after she went into the shower, Shawn's (Scott's brother) family comes over. I did not know, but Shawn went straight upstairs to work on the guest bathroom. When I came back inside, David was just returning from work and I informed him that Trish was using the shower, just to worn him. Just as the words left my mouth, a voice from upstairs (Shawn's) proclaims, "You could have warned me!" Followed by another voice (my sister's) yelling, "You suck!" (Both comments were directed at me). Anyway, it has been good for quite a few laughs, but I feel I have permanently lost my sister's trust.

p.s. No time for spell check on this entry....

3 comments:

Eva and Joey said...

I am so excited just to know that you are back in the States!! When will you be in Florida? I will do everything short of prostitution to see you! I love you and I now know never to leave you as guard of my showering!

Mom of Four said...

First of all, you're HERE!! Are you in town for very long? If so, let's get together. Second of all, hilarious story. Yes, you did suck at that job!

david johnson said...

I JUST READ THIS...EVERY WORD IS TRUE!!! worst shower guard ever!!!!

love you still!

trish