Wednesday morning I was to attend a concert at Andrew's school (his class was performing). The concert began 10 minutes after classes started, so I offered Andrew a ride to school. He said, "No thanks. I'll take the bus." So Andrew gets on the bus, I walk back to our apartment, go upstairs to get the keys, and then drive to Andrew's school. After the concert, Andrew wanted me to have snack with him in his classroom. I was then invited to watch him play during recess. It was really fun to hang out with him all morning.
On Friday, Scott and I were planning one of our afternoon dates since he had the day off work. The plan was to go to IKEA, then have lunch or something. After sending Jacob off to school, I came home to get Andrew ready. I fed him breakfast, packed his lunch, and got him dressed. We then made our trek to the bus stop. We arrive at the front gate only to discover that we were the only two people there. Translation: No school. So, Andrew got to come on our date - luckily he loves IKEA.
Yesterday was exhausting...in a good way. Scott wanted to take the boys to the Singapore zoo, so we all loaded up in the car and set off. The zoo was incredible and we had a fantastic time. It is probably the best zoo which I have ever been to in my life. We were there for about 4 hours and we walked until we could go no further. We seriously must have covered about 3 1/2 miles while there. The boys were completely wiped out by the time we got in the car. Andrew lapsed into a very deep sleep and Jacob could barely move and asked to go to bed at 6pm.

While we were driving that afternoon, two funny things happened. First off, Jacob started to talk about the school bus. He was telling us that a bully was using bad words and being mean to a little girl who goes to our church. Jacob said that the little girl started to cry, so he (Jacob) started to yell at the bully to stop it. Jacob then said, "My heart was pounding so fast." Scott and I adoringly looked at each each other, saying "awww" with our eyes. Jacob goes on, "It was pounding so fast. It made me want to beat him up." I guess the heart pounding was not necessarily an issue of fear - but rather adrenaline coursing through his veins. At least I know my son is a champion of women in need. (For those of you who know him well, he could also be classified as a champion of women in general.)
The second instance (which is rather grotesque) happened shortly after the heart pounding story. We are happily driving along in our little car when something suddenly smacks into the windshield. I look up to see a huge, brown blob on the glass. The amount of debri was so large that we could not figure out what had dropped on our car. Some argued that it had to be a bird. Unless the thing was a flying emu, there is no way that came from a feathered friend. I personally feel that we were the target of some ill-mannered monkey. Either way, it was offensive and embarrassing to have that on our car. I tried to wipe it off with the wipers, but there was no cleaning solution. I did, however, manage to smear it across the entire windshield. Luckily we had another rain storm this afternoon which cleared it off rather well.
We had dinner at the Gordhammers' tonight. They are a family from our church and they invited us over. We had a great time and I was thrilled to find out that she loves to read as much as I. It was so fun to have someone to talk with about literature. The best part was that we have the same taste in books.
This week I watched a special on the Discovery Channel about the Titanic. So, of coarse, I have had this inkling to watch the movie for the past five days. Right now Jack is having Rose "fly" on the front of the ship. What a cheesy script!
No comments:
Post a Comment