Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Three Men Down

Nothing earth shattering has happened the past few weeks. Just thought I should update the blog with the Barlow-isms that are our life.

We have had a bit of trouble with our turtles. As you all know, we lost one due to a fall on the ground. Andrew was quite sad that he had lost one of his pets. I told him that the turtle's spirit was still alive and that the turtle could now fly; like the turtles on Super Mario Brothers. Well, Andrew just thought that was the coolest thing and then actually seemed to be glad the turtle had died (which to Mom was a bit scary).

A few days later, while getting the boys ready for school, Andrew pointed out that, "One of the turtles has been sleeping for a long time." When I looked in the tank I could tell we had a floater. I put the boys on the bus and then went home to fish casualty #2 out of the tank. By this point I knew we were most likely going to lose another guy. And, as predicted, we had another floater the next day.

With only one turtle left, I consulted a friend who had had some turtle problems last year. She told me that the turtles need direct sunlight every day since they are cold blooded creatures. Whoops. Since gaining this information, I have spent ample time caring for the sole-surviving turtle (seeing as the other two basically froze to death). Every day I move him to his "spa" (a large tupperware with a really cool rock) where he spends his afternoon sunbathing and being fed by hand. Thus far he is still alive.


A few weeks ago, Scott bought this very classy sign to place on our bathroom door. Despite the fact we live in a confined space AND the fact that bathroom is the first thing you see when you walk into our apartment AND the fact that it is quit obvious where bathroom is located - Scott still felt the need to purchase this informative material (which, by the way, glows in the dark). I pointed out the sign was a bit trashy and was not the first thing I wanted people to notice when they walked into our home. Scott was a little sad that his spouse rejected the purchase. However, his agony was short lived when Andrew said, "You can put that in my room, Dad. Because that is where I rest." So when you come to visit, you will see this sign hanging next to Andrew's bed.

I officially have one day and a week left until the new guy is to make his appearance outside the womb. As is the theme with my other two children, this baby thoroughly enjoys our current symbiotic relationship and does not want to disrupt it. Translation: my kids don't want to come out. The doctor informed me that we will have to start the induction two days before the actual induction just to make sure we get him to emerge. Sorry if this is too much info for some of you. I will keep you posted on how everything goes next week.

I am sure there is more I should say, but I am tired and want to make sure I get this posted. I had an awesome day today - but it falls under the "birthday" category which I will be saving for my actual birthday in a couple of days. I will just say that it is great to have awesome friends!




1 comment:

trishabarry said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZORD!
I WISH I COULD HAVE CELEBRATED YOUR BIRTHDAY WITH YOU! You are the best... and your stories are the funniest things ever! They always make me smile!

I am sooooo glad you are my sister. You are wonderful! I LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH!

happy, happy birthday!

lovr, trish